TECHNICAL DETAILS FOR PREPARING AN ARTICLE
Instruction for Authors
Terms of publication
The journal publishes in English languages, peer-reviewed original research, critical reviews and short communications, which have not been and will not be published elsewhere in substantially the same form. Papers published, accepted, submitted or under review with any other journal elsewhere are not accepted. Author of an article is required to transfer the copyright to the journal publisher, however authors retain significant rights to use and share their own published papers The published papers are available under the terms of the principles of Open Access Creative Commons CC BY-NC license (see Author statement). The submitting author must agree to pay the publication charge (see Charges).
The author of submitted materials (e.g. text, figures, tables etc.) is obligated to restricts the publishing rights. All contributors who do not meet the criteria for authorship should be listed in an Acknowledgements section of the manuscript. Authors should, therefore, add a statement on the type of assistance, if any, received from the sponsor or the sponsor's representative and include the names of any person who provided technical help, writing assistance, editorial support or any type of participation in writing the manuscript. Once an article is submitted, it is not possible to change its authors.
Layout Requirements for Manuscripts
The size of the manuscript should be limited up to 10 pages including overview, summary, references and figures (the manuscript more than 13 pages is unacceptable); Please set the text format in single column with paragraphs (A4 paper format), all margins to 25 mm, use the font "Times New Roman", typeface12 pt., justified and single line spacing. All pages must be numbered.
Manuscript should be sent with tables, graphs and abstract. All figures and tables should be placed near their reference in the main text and additionally sent in a form of data files (e.g. Excel, Visio, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Corel DRAW). Figures and photographs are published in color. Text material ought to be prepared in word processor Microsoft Word. Acceptable file extensions: DOC, DOCX, RTF. We recommend you to send additional PDF version of the work.
Manuscript structure and template
This document (MS Word 2013 data file) should be used a template of the paper prepared for submission in the Scientific Review Engineering and Environmental Sciences.
The submitted manuscript should include the following parts:
- Name and SURNAME of the author (s) - up to 5 authors (once an article is submitted, it is not possible to change its authors)
- Affiliation of the author (s), ORCID Id (optional but recommended)
- Corresponding author’s e-mail
- Paper title
- Key words (3 to 6)
- Text of the paper divided into: Introduction, Material and Methods, Results and Discussion, Conclusions, References
- References in APA style are listed fully in alphabetical order according to the last name of the first author and not numbered; please find the details below
- Summary (Text no longer than 200 words)
The publisher creates manuscripts using InDesign CS2. Before printing, the text of a manuscript requires the extra step of typesetting or/and text re-flow independently of most formats used in the document. This is particularly important in graphics files preparation. Therefore, this template is very simple and determines the basic style of a paragraph. Remember:
- do not use additional formatting and styling (wrapping, emphasis, underlining, new styles etc.)
- no paragraph indentation needed
- to prepare mathematical equations and formulas, use the MathType (equation editor – separate software or add-in for Microsoft Word toolbar)
- all tables and figures must be numbered with Arabic numerals and provided with a title briefly describing their content
- the International System of Units (the 2019 edition), the imperial system, the USA customary units apply; compound units must be express by negative exponent (not with a division sign!); all variables are written in Italics but numbers, physicochemical constants and symbols in Antiqua
- all digital graphic materials must meet print quality requirements: in 1:1 scale minimum resolution 300 DPI for color images (CMYK mode)
- all photographs should be send as native files (TIFF, PSD, RAW); do not save as PNG, GIF or JPG
- all charts self-made in Microsoft Excel should be send as native files (XML, XLS)
- all material acquired from Internet must meet print quality requirements (not applicable vector images). The editorial office do not accept print screens.
- cross-referencing is not allowed
- all links to external sources must be removed
The editorial office do not accept differently prepared materials and reserve the right to send them back for correction according to the guidelines. We recommend sending an additional PDF file with the original formatting of your text. This will help achieve the expected format of the article.
In the Scientific Review Engineering and Environmental Sciences the APA 6th Edition style is used.
In-Text Citations in APA style
The first time you cite the source write, e.g.: Research by Young and Smith (2010) supports... or (Robbins, 2014). In the case of a work by more than one or two Authors (three to five), please list all the authors in the signal phrase or in parentheses the first time you cite the source. Use the word "and" between the authors' names within the text and use the ampersand in the parentheses, e.g.: (Young, Smith, Robbins, Scott, & Burton, 2015). In subsequent citations, only use the first author's last name followed by "et al." in the signal phrase or in parentheses, e.g.: (Young et al., 2015).
Reference List in APA style
It is recommended to use an APA software tool for publishing e.g. Medeley or an APA citation generator like BibMe or Citation Machine, instead of manual reference list formatting. It will allow to avoid additional effort and potential mistakes.
Moreover, it is possible to formatting APA Style in Microsoft Word (version from 2010). For further details please see the Microsoft Office website.
Please note: Google scholar provides citations for articles from the search result list (currently MLA, APA, Chicago, Harvard or Vancouver). To grab a citation click on the Cite link or icon "" below a search result and select from the available citation styles.
The detailed descriptions of APA style including format examples are available on the following websites:
If the given guidelines are not sufficient and more detailed ones are needed please refer to this Warsaw University of Life Sciences Press scientific paper editorial guidelines